Pages

Saturday 31 October 2009

Dorothy in Autumn - or What Quilary did next

How do 2 (almost) utter novices learn how to quilt? Easy - we recruit 2 other novices and do a Block of the Month (BOM) sampler.
The one we chose was Correspondance sampler by chocolate-coated. We are eternally grateful to, the then owner, Dorothy Clark for her beautifully clear patterns that arrived each month and the delightful colourways that she put together for us.
Over 16 months we'd meet fortnightly to work our way through each block.
We all chose different colourways - and here is my version:


Go on - have a go- you KNOW you want to...

4 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your blog since i started following when doing web 2.0. i feel I should make myself known just if its posting a comment. Wow, your quilts are beautiful, so much work involved. i hope you get time to keep blogging. I'll be out there. oo sounds a bit weird but really only in a nice way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...quilting is addicting. I always tell people not to make the first one unless they are ready to devote a lot of time to the hobby because once you start you can't stop! Your quilt is beautiful. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was even more hours in a day. My stash is growing bigger because I can't get enough done. I love the saying "My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". That philosophy helps make a teeny bit more quilting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your BOM is wonderful! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails