Here is my Babushka and she comes from Handmade Vol: 25 No: 10
Here are some of the things I learned while making this toy:
- Stuffed toys split if you overlap fabrics and then blanket stitch the seams when you don't really know what your machine settings should be. On my Brother sewing machine, I should have had a longer stitch going onto the fabric and shorter gap between those stitches (I don't know what to call each bit of the 'blanket stitch' but if you look at the body of the doll you will see what I mean). I ended up doing a dodgy hand blanket stitch over the top to secure the splitting fabric pieces - on second thoughts - don't look too closely. Mmm....I think I know how to fix...
- ...Discretely placed ribbon should hide a multitude of sins.
- I learnt to crochet a 'rose' - something I wouldn't have attempted without this challenge.
I have some great fabrics that I've been saving for a bags, so that's what might turn up in April.
Thanks for taking a peek over the fence...