Pages

Saturday 20 March 2010

New Year Resolutions - 3 months down the track

Back on January one of my new year resolutions was to make something with this pile of old denim jeans and skirts.
Well, I've just taken my first steps into the world of recycling denim - and a well worn and well-loved lot this is. Talk about a family history in denim, from maternity skirts to toddler jeans and teenager clothes. Not to mention fashion trends of denim colours!


After much cutting (and cursing) that jumbled old pile ended up looking a bit like this - 


then with a bit of 'decorating' , cutting and resewing they ended up looking like....


Actually I can't show you the next bit. It's a ****** and it's for my oldest who turns 21 on Monday. She might find out and that would definitely spoil the surprise. And we can't have that now can we?


and whatever am I going to do with this lot? I think I have reached my limit of how far I go with recycling.










Thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

2 comments:

  1. Happy 21st Birthday as parents! And to hannah too of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting to see a photo of the Quilt!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails