Pages

Saturday 17 April 2010

Erecting the Opera House and Other Camping Tales

I have spent the last few days living in the Opera House...not that one...this one...
Putting up the Opera House - 

Nearly there! This is an eight person tent, and we used to fill it! Now just the three youngest come camping.

 
Rest time after all that hard work.

The wildlife around how is rich and varied!

Oh and that's us, including B-I-L and niece and nephew, we made a biggish, noisy group

This is our makeshift  'be careful of the guy rope' warning system, on the 'kitchen tent'. How perfect would some "camping" bunting be?
What I did take with me, was a half-finished crochet drink bottle cover. Bizarre I know. But Miss Bee wanted one ever since we saw it at a craft fair in Foster.
I know it's bad form to be somewhere and say "mmm, I think I can make that", but I was in a new crochet-convert fervour (and possibly delusion) and really did think I could possibly, probably, maybe, attempt, something like that.

The one we saw was much better made and had a tidier strap, but this one was made by me for her and is treasured for that reason.

Thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

2 comments:

  1. Wow - tell me you didn't just see that kangaroo whilst sitting on your lawn chairs! That blows my Midwestern USA Mind.

    And the bottle holder looks great to me. Super job!

    Oh, and your comment about bad form to say "I can make that" at a craft fair reminded me of a fun little sign I once saw at a booth. All it said was "Sure you could. But WILL you?" : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely looking few days you have had. I know camping doesn't sound glamorous! We go camping with my husbands family from time to time and often times you will find me groaning about it a lot before hand! But really, we have such a fun, relaxing and un-gadgetry, un-electrical quiet time when we do go, that of all the holidays we've taken, the family camping ones end up the most relaxing! It's good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails