Pages

Saturday 8 May 2010

Happy Mother's Day

from SMH Leunig 2010 Calendar
I have a big family (this isn't an 'intervention, by the way!) - 6 children ranging in ages from 21 to 10 yrs old.
Daily life is both chaotic and great fun.
It's lots of other -ic words too - hectic, dynamic, acerbic, apoplectic, catastrophic, idiotic...
I saw this article the other day and it really did make me smile and, in lots of places (like my desk at work!), laugh out loud.
There are many similarities with my family and the authors'.
I'd take a good guess that many of the observations don't apply exclusively to large families either.


So to all you Mothers out there - with families big or small...may the only competition on Mother's Day be to give you the most hugs....


 HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 
Sunday,  May 9, 2010

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

4 comments:

  1. I just read that article and thoroughly enjoyed and related well to it. I too think larger families have it good. My older girls wouldn't be the same without the younger girls to help with. It's made them better Mummies in the making for sure. Thanks for that. Happy Mothers Day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting article. Happy Mother's Day right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy mothers day! oh that card is funny, my hubby is one of 7 and people act like he's one of 50!!! they also think I'll go for 7 but I haven't decided yet if 4 is enough for me....

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, I sometimes feel overwhelmed with just the 2! well done.
    hope you got extra BIG hugs on mothers day.

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails