Pages

Sunday 5 September 2010

Short Attention Span Sunday

The MATH was sitting watching a DVD and enjoying the quiet time that was his due this Fathers Day (even though he spent 10 days in New Zealand last week and I still have 9 days owing to me...).
I had made some progress on the washing and cleaning and thought I might try and whittle away at the mound of square-in-a-square blocks that were needing finishing.
So into the sewing room. It's pretty messy. It's pretty distracting.
There are the offcuts from the denim quilt.
There are the scraps from the paisley quilt.
There are the little left over bits of wadding.
All carefully saved for when I get time..


And you know what, I just didn't want to finish the squares...I couldn't believe it either...I wanted to do something else, not get on with what was suddenly some very annoying and fiddly and not-finshing-fast-enough squares, and bothered by what-possessed-me-to-do-such-a-yucky-block thoughts...I found something else to do.
I found short attention span Sunday:
I took the denim scraps,








the paisley scraps, the wadding scraps, a hair elastic and 
a button...










and altered the pattern from here






and came up with this.
And since it's short attention span Sunday, I've moved on to something else even more captivating, and this is the best photo of the rotten lot I took.






thanks for taki...

1 comment:

  1. The squares can wait....sometimes! Very impressed with Clare's input and your outcome! Well done all round

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails