Pages

Friday 29 October 2010

Problem to be solved ...Blogtoberfest 2010 - Day 29

So here is the problem.
I made the rocking horse pattern from this 1983 magazine.


How is it possible to follow these directions and turn the rocking horse inside out?

Is there some softie makers insight that I am missing?

I left the opening in the belly underneath like the pattern showed, and I opened the patchwork seam down the rocker. Even Houdini couldn't have made that horse do anything but become totally knotted and twisted and definitely not turned right sides out!


My clever fellow quilter, Marisew, kept opening seams until she got hers turned nicely. She sewed them up, stuffed the toy, added a mane and tail. Done.

Me? Well this was how I solved the problem:

Yep that's right - I cheated! Sewed it wrong sides together, left the opening under the belly for stuffing, then sewed it together, pinked the edges, and called it "Finished" (despite the distinct lack of mane and tail!)
Anybody got any clues?

Here's the link for some more rockin' blogtoberfest2010 bloggers

 thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

3 comments:

  1. I haven't any clues but I like your solution!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I have no advice but I think you did GREAT by finishing it and not just shoving it under a pile of fabric in the bottom of a closet somewhere!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA - I bet that frustrated MANY a seamstress back in the days! Unless, of course, there's a trick they all knew & didn't pass along. You know, like leaving out a key ingredient of their secret recipes when they were forced (out of politeness) to divulge them to the neighbors. Be proud, and know you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails