Pages

Saturday 12 March 2011

On Air...

A slight break in transmission occurred. Returning to normal programming shortly...

It's been hard to get a moment to catch up here. Good things have been happening though.
Here's the lovely name tag that came in the mail for the SIT Name Tag Swap.
From Rachel at The Two Windmills.
Look at that exquisite stitching...

I'm slowly getting ready for Sew It Together...I haven't finished all the goodies for the swap (I just need a full uninterrupted day... Oops...sorry hope that flying pig missed your head!)...or cut out the quilt pattern that I'm taking to start on the day. It's a pattern from Clare's Place, a Tasmanian blogger/pattern designer.
I just found out that Clare is now sponsoring Sew It Together, and is including one of her patterns in our goody bags...they are going to be overflowing with sewing goodness! Yippee!!

I went to CraftExpo yesterday (hurry if you want to go, Sunday 13 March is the last day). I did a class in Sashiko embroidery...making a coaster.
I got the embroidery finished in the workshop and I need to put wadding and sew on the backing. I don't pass the "even stitch" test, but it nice to learn a new technique. 
I'm thinking of using something like this on a mug rug for this mug rug swap I joined...turns out my partner LOVES oriental fabrics, now to work out a suitable design. MUST do the SIT swap stuff though!

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

2 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful. I love blue and white together and " take a look at your beautiful stitching too!"
    Thanks so much for popping over to Chalky's World and leaving such a lovely comment about our visit to Japan-- The news just gets worse!
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute name tag!
    I love sashiko, so elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails