Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Swap World...

Giving...                                     Receiving....

The end of The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap #3.
The theme was "LOVE"
The Postcard I sent is going to Diana in Georgia
The Postcard I received is from Cindy in New York. 
It. is. just. beautiful. I LOVE it!

Amazing how two people from different sides of the world can have such complimentary ideas.
The world is indeed a small and fascinating place. The world over, we are so much more alike than we think. I find that even more true, the more I blog and interact with crafters all over the world. Not knowing where a person is from and I could be talking to my neighbour over the fence, such is the closeness and language of sewer, quilters, artists. We all want beauty in the world and to make another's day by showing what we make, sharing how we made it, sending off gifts to each other, rallying together to support those caught up in natural disasters.

I say we make all world leaders sit down and work together on a quilt or an artwork. Actually cooperate on making something beautiful and worthwhile. Make them blog about it with all the real people out here.
Say once a year. Make a day like World Quilting Day.
I think the world would be better for it, don't you?

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails