Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

September 1 1956...

That was the year my parents married.
In a beautiful little church in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains.
http://www.katoomba-nsw.com/KatChurches.html
Each year there are dates that stand out in my mind.
Birthdays - 24 September and 29 October. They would be turning 79 and 83.
Sad days - June 13, August 20
Sometimes I just want to pick up the phone. Tell them about the things the children have been up to...about things I've been making...the sewing days I go to...the funny things people say that I know would make them laugh too...even the sad news about a good friends father, just to hear their words of sympathy...
Of course I can't...that's just life...but it's hard to break that habit of just reaching for the phone...


thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Don't know if you are aware, but the first pic is not showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long as the good dates outnumber the bad ones it's not so bad.I can completely relate to the phone calls though.Good, bad, happy or sad I always phoned my mum to tell her. When she died I desperately wanted to tell her. I know that sounds weird but my first thought was to ring her as she was the one person who would know how I felt.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. When I got married it became a tradition that one week my Dad would phone me on a Friday night and the following week I would phone him, we did phone in between if we had something to say but, without fail we spoke on a Friday night. When he died my Mum took over so every Friday night for 30 years I spoke to them. When my Mum died I was totally lost on a Friday night, if the phone rang it freaked me out!! My Mum died in 2000 so I have had plenty of time to re-adjust, but I still think about them everyday and miss them both. Big Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Special memories... its a lovely wedding picture...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails