Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

The gall….

I’ve had a bit of a quiet time this week. One of my less useful organs (apparently we humans can manage quite well without this one) had the gall to cause trouble. So long and farewell organ!
As I’ve said, more times than the family can bear, the only lifting I’ll be doing for a few days is the sewing machine’s presser foot!

So here is the result of some convalescing:
I can finally say that I am using some some of the rust I won, in Shruti's Bella Parade paired with a book print for the Princess, who could also be know as The BookWorm.
A little too late I rememered that I don’t do french seams so well 
nothing a little ripper couldn't fix.
Order of constructions leaves a bit to be desired too!
See how those nice trimmed points, to make a box base, are protruding alien-like out of the middle of the bag? That was the only way I could anchor them together...a step I should have done before I sewed the bag and lining together.
Perhaps my brain is still slightly anaesthetised!
I gave it to her without handles sewn on, just so I could get the placement right ( I did not) want another session with the unpicker!
Finally, today the third youngest, aka the fourth eldest, aka the Princess, aka the BookWorm turned 18…oh the shock of it all.
She came into a noisy household to become the fourth child under 5 and took it in her stride with a placid and gentle disposition.
Now, her HSC exams are behind her and the whole world is in front of her, and she is taking it in her stride, with a similar placid, but a heck of a lot more confident, disposition.

There are now technically 5…five…adults living in this house…recipe for disaster?...we shall wait and see…

thanks for taking a peek over the fence…

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter, I can't even remember what it was like to be 18!!! Take it easy and get well soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling better soon after your op ..... I love that fabric, it's so beautiful .... I'm a real bookworm.... so the book print is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 5 adults, huh? Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails