Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

quiet...but not quiet

Things have been quiet on one side of the fence - hardly any "posts" (ha ha, I crack myself up sometimes), but over on my side, it's been a hectic rush of HSC major works, the MatH (Man about the House) travelling for work, my (paid) job, housework (unpaid job) and a sanity-saving amount of sewing...oh not to mention the fantastic trip to visit family and friends on the other side of the world that happened earlier in the year.

So where to start...maybe I'll just work backwards...

Currently in the sewing room, and spread out through the laundry and the lounge room, is the 21st birthday quilt -for the 22 yr BatH (boy about the house) who will get it before he turns 23!

The kaleidoscope blocks come from the SBH flickr swap that I was in, in 2012.  I still have to add the top and bottom grey borders, another border of 12" sawtooth stars (cutting in progress), a 6" light blue and dk blue strip border (cut and pieced) and the last border will be black/dkgrey & white/light grey flying geese (thought about).

Some delicious fabric has made its way into the house...
MoMo...old and new ranges...totally addicted...
I get them out to play with, dream about cutting into them, then chicken out.

Botanics...what can I say...if Craftsy want to sell it off, who am I to argue...
I like to help out friends who want to destash too...hello Tula...

That's a start to catching up - there's still a lot more, both fabrics *blush* and projects, to come.

I'll leave you with a last cute little project - a request to make a mini flannelette shirt for a work colleague's new grandson - finished on the weekend...





thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely visiting you over the fence will need to do a face to face catch up soon too. We are currently on hols in Narooma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely fabric to drool over!Tula- sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still stashing away that fabric I see. Lovely to see what you have been up to and know that you haven't lost your sense of humour (?) in the mad rush of life. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric arrivals are absolutely delightful! I LOVE MoMo. The flannel shirt looks professionally made - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails