Pages

Sunday 23 October 2011

Clever?...blogtoberfest Day 23

Not Clever:



and it took me one and a half sides to realise the binding was on the wrong way!
Clever:
I did redeem myself by doing a nice mitred join at the end of the binding!...when I finally had it on the right way.

The finished swap ready to be posted tomorrow:
Not Clever:
I thought I'd be very clever and use a nice stiff pellon to line this bag
however, the sewing machine protested and the tension was all over the place...
All the seams have white or blue threads showing ( I tried to go over the white with blue...even bigger disaster!)
and the pattern wouldn't join up at the sides (but I cleverly took the photo so you can't see the ugly thread showing through!)

Pellon and threads...not one of my most clever choices...I'll use the bag, cause I won't really care about the stitching...but now I need to start again for the person it was meant for...

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...



4 comments:

  1. And I thought I was having a bad day..... xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who of us hasn't had a bad day once in a while, in fact maybe even often. I love both things that you made. That star is just gorgeous .... I really like it. As for the bag, like you said you can use it because you won't worry about the stitching .. The funny thing is you probably won't ever make that mistake again. Good luck with the next bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the small Quilt! Also very happy to learn I'm not the only one who sews things on the wrong way and have everything that can go wrong happen to a project. It still looks OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... frustrating... but they both look awesome... love the star... and the stitching will hardly show I'm sure.... and now you have a new bag...yay...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails